General Sir Richard Barrons
Former Commander, Joint Forces Command (2013-2016)
8:50 AM CHAIRMAN’S OPENING REMARKS
· Examining current trialling and experimentation to advance maritime capability. How can the maritime sector benefit from technologies offered by non-traditional suppliers?
· Incorporating autonomous systems in the near-term. How will mobile autonomous navy teams transform ISR? How will algorithm-based technology improve battlespace awareness?
· Introducing human-machine teams to conduct maritime interdiction operations. How will advancements in USVs affect littoral warfare, patrolling, and defence of territorial waters?
· Examining current use of RPAs for ISR and situational awareness.
· Offloading pilots’ cognitive workload to unmanned wingmen. How will autonomous wingmen transform modern combat formations?
· Exploring the potential for autonomous air to ground combat missions. What is the potential for having a fighter jet pilot lead a fleet of autonomous combat vehicles?